NPCheer Winter Tryout Schedule:
IMPACT testing (required for any new athletes): Tuesday, Nov. 12 at 5:00pm (mod trailer, Room M120)
Friday, Nov. 15 from 3:30-4:30pm, Upper gym
Saturday, Nov. 16 from 10:00am-12:00pm, Upper gym
Monday, Nov. 18 from 4:00-7:00pm, Upper gym
Please make sure you are signed-up for Winter Cheerleading on the online registration system no later than Nov. 13 (that’s the cutoff date, but the earlier the better).
Instructions can be found on www.northpointathletics.com
What are we looking for?
- Previous sideline cheer experience
- Previous cheer stunting experience
- Tumbling skills
- Good cheer jump technique
- High-level performance skills (good memory, picks-up fast on choreography, tight/sharp motions, loud voice, and smiles while cheering)
- High-level of coachability (listens for, accepts, and applies coaching direction with no excuses and a positive attitude)
What teams do we plan to fill for the Winter 2020 season?
- Freshman team (9th graders only)
- JV team (some 9th graders may be placed if space permits and skills are advanced enough, 10th and 11th graders)
- Varsity team (9th, 10th and 11th graders may be placed if skills are advanced enough to safely participate, 12th graders are only eligible to try out for Varsity.)
Are you eligible to tryout?
- Step 1 – register for Winter Cheerleading via northpointathletics.com (if you participated in Fall cheer, you must log back in and register for Winter cheer.)
- Step 2 – IMPACT (concussion baseline) testing for any new athletes
- Step 3 – Your registration, grades, absences, and current sports physical will be reviewed, and you will receive either an approval clearance or a denial with explanation or items that need to be fixed, via email from Mr. Shattuck.
- You must have a minimum 2.25 GPA, no failing grades, and no more than 4.5 absences in the 1stquarter if the current school year. You must also have a current sports physical, on the official form (found on northpointathletics.com) on file in order to be cleared for tryouts.
To be added to the cheer information distribution, please send a request to email@example.com.
Thanks and Good Luck!